A career automotive mechanic for a Sheriff's office was exposed brake pads and shoes containing asbestos that were sold by the Ford Motor Company. The same mechanic was also exposed to asbestos contaminated talc made by Southern Talc. The man was 81 years old when he died from mesothelioma, a disease that is directly tied to asbestos exposure.
Asbestos was at one point a widely used mineral and was used in the manufacture of over 3,000 industrial and consumer products. Problems from asbestos don't usually manifest until decades after the work is done and can result in various types of cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.
A company or corporation that manufactures any product has the responsibility to protect the safety of the purchaser or worker from harm. Any manufactured product could have flaws or defects that were undetected before it was sold. The unsuspecting consumer, or in this case, worker then uses the product and when it fails, serious injuries or even fatalities can occur. In such cases, it is strongly advised that you enlist the assistance of Lauri J. Goldstein & Associates, PLLC, without delay.
The jury awarded the heirs of the victim $4,401,393.15 and found Ford Motor Company liable for 65% and Southern Talc for 35% of the damages.
The attorneys at Lauri J. Goldstein & Associates, PLLC are powerful personal injury lawyers and are dedicated to fighting for maximum compensation. You need an experienced, qualified and proven attorney in any product liability case.