Martin County Personal Injury Attorney
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: The insurance company of the driver that caused the accident is trying to give me a lump sum. I was quite badly injured. Should I take it?
A: Each personal injury case is different. However, one could assume that if the insurance company wants to settle with you that they realize the injuries were severe. The only problem is: are they going to actually give you enough compensation to cover any future problems from the accident? This is a very important question and it is strongly recommended that you contact a Martin County personal injury attorney from A Law Firm of Goldstein, Schmitt & Cambron, PL An attorney can answer your questions. It is important that you don’t settle for less that you may actually need in the future, particularly in areas such as lost wages and future loss of wages.
Q: I was in a car accident and the other driver was at fault. I have some injuries and my car is totaled. What do I do? Should I start a personal injury lawsuit?
A: This is the type of situation in which the help of a personal injury attorney is needed. When an attorney is involved insurance claims can be handled more easily, and you are more likely to get all the compensation you are actually due. Unfortunately, people with a lack of legal experience are often unable to receive the compensation they deserve.
Q: What should I do after an accident?
A: This is an important question, as many people have created problems for themselves by not understanding some simple steps. After any car accident these steps should be taken:
- Pull over to the side of the road, street or highway if possible and safe to do so.
- Check yourself and your passengers for any injuries.
- Call the police, even if the accident seems minor. This is important as some injuries do not show up immediately.
- If you can write, take down all the information you can, including name, address, and phone number of each person. Also, take down any insurance information. Take the same information from any witnesses that are there. Write down anything else such as details of the accident, weather conditions and so on. Draw a diagram if possible.
- Do not accept any money as a claim settlement from the at-fault driver. Do not make any agreements with the at-fault driver. Don’t sign any papers unless they are from law enforcement, and read them first for accuracy.
- Remain calm and polite, answer questions, and call your insurance company as soon as is possible.
Q: What will A Law Firm of Goldstein, Schmitt & Cambron, PL do for me?
A: The attorneys at A Law Firm of Goldstein, Schmitt & Cambron, PL are skilled, qualified and determined to assist their clients in any of the following types of personal injury cases: