Mold is a serious problem or homeowners. Areas that see very little sunlight,
are prone to moisture, or receive limited airflow are prone to developing
mold growth, which can have devastating effects on your health and comfort.
Unfortunately mold has a number of causes, and can even be brought about
by a faulty home repair, defective product, or unknown hazard that doesn’t
get fixed. Want to avoid suffering the ill effects of mold? Recognizing
the signs and moving quickly to fix the issue can help you stop the problem
before it becomes worse. Let’s take a look at three signs of mold.
Mold and mildew both have a distinct, pungent odor that doesn’t really
go away. Mold can be hard to see, but the characteristic smell is difficult
to avoid. Even if mold is living inside your walls or behind wallpaper
(both of which are fairly common in damp, dark areas of your home), the
smell will likely clue you in quickly to its presence. This is also a
sign that you should act quickly to clean it up, since the smell is frequently
caused by mold spores finding their way into the air. It’s these
spores that cause serious illnesses, and they’ll only continue to
be released while the mold is allowed to stay.
Mold is not always visible, but other times it’s out in the open
and easy to spot. Still other times it’s visible but difficult to
distinguish. Mold is typically visible as black growths found on your
walls or other surfaces, particularly in places that are dark, damp, and
receive little airflow. It can also be dusted with white fuzz. Wherever
you find mold, you should not hesitate to act and have it cleaned. Do
not touch it without some form of protective equipment, and always wear a
mask and eye protection when cleaning it out to prevent serious exposure
to spores that will be loosened during the process.
Are you suffering from congestion, watery eyes, sneezing, or a persistent
cough? Do you actually start to feel relief when you are at work or leave
your home for some reason? These may seem like allergy symptoms, and could
be a tip-off that your home has a mold growth. If you suffer from allergies
during the spring season or have a pet in your home, it can be difficult
to tell whether your symptoms are a result of this or mold, but generally
any unexpected or atypical allergy symptoms are a sign that something
has changed, which means you could have mold.
It’s important that you clean mold quickly because ignoring the symptoms
may lead to further health damage, including possible lung illnesses and
serious infections if you have any open or unhealed wounds.
If you have fallen ill due to mold exposure, whether it is at work or on
someone else’s property, you should seek medical attention as soon
as possible and call a Martin County personal injury attorney.
Lauri J. Goldstein & Associates are dedicated to helping you seek the best possible resolution to your
case through high-quality representation and fearless protection of your
rights. We understand that sometimes justice must be fought for, and we
can provide you with a powerful and reputable ally through every step
of your claim.
free case evaluation, call Lauri J. Goldstein & Associates today! Dial 866-675-4427.