Call Now! Talk to Lauri Goldstein Personally on Her Cell at (772) 214-6464
We Are Available 24/7 866.675.4427

Three Signs of Toxic Mold in Your Home

Mold is a serious problem or homeowners. Areas that see very little sunlight, are prone to moisture, or receive limited airflow are prone to developing mold growth, which can have devastating effects on your health and comfort. Unfortunately mold has a number of causes, and can even be brought about by a faulty home repair, defective product, or unknown hazard that doesn’t get fixed. Want to avoid suffering the ill effects of mold? Recognizing the signs and moving quickly to fix the issue can help you stop the problem before it becomes worse. Let’s take a look at three signs of mold.

Strange Odors

Mold and mildew both have a distinct, pungent odor that doesn’t really go away. Mold can be hard to see, but the characteristic smell is difficult to avoid. Even if mold is living inside your walls or behind wallpaper (both of which are fairly common in damp, dark areas of your home), the smell will likely clue you in quickly to its presence. This is also a sign that you should act quickly to clean it up, since the smell is frequently caused by mold spores finding their way into the air. It’s these spores that cause serious illnesses, and they’ll only continue to be released while the mold is allowed to stay.

Visual Signs

Mold is not always visible, but other times it’s out in the open and easy to spot. Still other times it’s visible but difficult to distinguish. Mold is typically visible as black growths found on your walls or other surfaces, particularly in places that are dark, damp, and receive little airflow. It can also be dusted with white fuzz. Wherever you find mold, you should not hesitate to act and have it cleaned. Do not touch it without some form of protective equipment, and always wear a mask and eye protection when cleaning it out to prevent serious exposure to spores that will be loosened during the process.

Health Problems

Are you suffering from congestion, watery eyes, sneezing, or a persistent cough? Do you actually start to feel relief when you are at work or leave your home for some reason? These may seem like allergy symptoms, and could be a tip-off that your home has a mold growth. If you suffer from allergies during the spring season or have a pet in your home, it can be difficult to tell whether your symptoms are a result of this or mold, but generally any unexpected or atypical allergy symptoms are a sign that something has changed, which means you could have mold.

It’s important that you clean mold quickly because ignoring the symptoms may lead to further health damage, including possible lung illnesses and serious infections if you have any open or unhealed wounds.

If you have fallen ill due to mold exposure, whether it is at work or on someone else’s property, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible and call a Martin County personal injury attorney. Lauri J. Goldstein & Associates are dedicated to helping you seek the best possible resolution to your case through high-quality representation and fearless protection of your rights. We understand that sometimes justice must be fought for, and we can provide you with a powerful and reputable ally through every step of your claim.

For a free case evaluation, call Lauri J. Goldstein & Associates today! Dial 866-675-4427.